수요일, 4월 07, 2004

조선말 (North Korean Dialect)

Ah April...a time when a young man's heart turns to the finer things in life...such as the insane project of copying all of my CDs onto a computer. (Un)fortunately most of them reside in America, while I on the other hand am across the sea. As of late, when I'm not copying countless hours of music to my hard drive, I'm studying Korean. Since I started dating U-lim I have actually been a lot more motivated to study. Additionally I now have someone to practice speaking with, so instead of learning something on paper only, I now have opportunity to use it in speaking. Thanks honey! Oh man my kitchen stinks...there's something seriously wrong with the pipes and I'm not down with it.
Anyhow, somewhere in my travels, I came across these examples of the North Korean dialect. These were originally published somewhere in Pyongyang by a state run publishing house. Enjoy commrades!


These are some greetings from a Korean phrase book out of North Korea.


Here are some ass kissing...I mean useful expression, should you ever find yourself in Pyongyang.


Here are some useful phrases should you ever need to express your condolensces over the passing of a communist dictator in the Korean language.