월요일, 1월 24, 2005

Engrish: Stores


"Live Burger?" you gasp in horror. Let me explain, this establishment is known for serving cows on a toasted sesame seed bun. Good eatin'! (2005-02-10)


I always carry my camera with me with I go out, since you never know what you might find. Sometimes, there's funny English, or historically monuments, or shitty clothes, or celebrities, or, as is the case here, sometimes when wandering around Seoul one might find the illusive "g-spot." (2005-01-30)


Mass Individualism?! WTF?! It does kind of sum up the attitude of Korean society though. (2004-10-18)


The Rookie! (2004-10-18)


I glad that the sign itself is questioning the meaning of these words. "Five My God? What the shit does that mean?"
Due to my knowledge of Korean I can ruin this sign and make it not funny really. In Korean 5 is read as oh (오/五) so if you read the 5 in Korean and then the remaining part of the sign in English you are left with "Oh My God?" It's a little better than "Five my god?" but it's still a question for some reason. (2004-04-10)


I don't know what angle I want to use with why this is funny. So I'll let you decide.
#1 - Crack Az (crack ass)
#2 - Crackers - it's for whitey...
Neither one is really that funny. Ah whatever. (2004-04-10)


Thanks! You nice too. (2004-04-02)


Here is the Baby Hotel. Are adults or children allowed to stay here? Or does this place cater to all the infants on business trips? (2004-01-25)


I don't know what these sickos have in mind, but they'd best keep away from the Baby Hotel a block away... (2004-01-25)


AH...Big Black Hot Dog...so lewd yet so tasty! Anyhow what a "Big Black" is here is a hot dog wrapped in a sugar donut of sorts. It's like a god damned Homer Simpson invention, and frankly...eh eh eh...it doesn't taste that bad. I only purchased one because neither Darrell nor I were drunk on this adventure and couldn't justify taking the photo without making a purchase. Being the only one who was willing to consume one, the task fell upon my shoulders. (2003-11-14)