일요일, 5월 22, 2005

Kind Of A Return To Nature.

Yesterday instead to doing actual tutoring with the middle school kids I tutor on Saturdays, their mother suggested, "Let's go hiking." So that's what we did getting our hike on on a small mountain / hill in their neighborhood. So here are a couple of photos of "nature."


Some pink flowers.


Some kind of bird.


And of course nothing says returning to nature like walls of barbed wire.

So not only did this mountain have flowers, birds, and butterflies, but it also had more barbed wire than a Japanese prowrestling match. Some of the hiking trails were narrow paths between two walls with barb wired at the top and piled at the foot of the wall...kind of depressing if you ask me.

As we hiked along and I attempted to avoid being suplexed into piles of barbed wire or being drop kicked of a side of the mountain by the assorted profession wrestlers dwelling on the mountain, I was bombarded with questions about the presence of various flora in upstate New York...in English. "Does New York have acasia trees?" I have no idea what acasia is...I know like five kinds of trees: oak, maple, pine, willow, and birch, other than that it like, "That's a tree," but some how the people I was hiking with knew hella plant names in a foreign language (English). It was almost as bizarre as the prison like atmosphere some of the paths exuded.

Anyhow I made it off the mountain without being shot, falling off a cliff, being thrown into barbed wire, or being able to inform people of the flora of my hometown (though I did tell them of the wild turkeys that rocked out in my neighborhood...they sleep in trees [though I couldn't tell you what kind of trees those were]). And so concludes my adventure on Death Match Mountain.