일요일, 5월 01, 2005

"Nice House...Here's Some Soap."

Last night Darrell had a 집들이 (housewarming party) to celebrate his new home. Let me start by saying I'm extremely jealous! Not only is his house twice the size of mine, but he also pays less than I do for mine (my bathroom is slightly larger than his).


The party's host.

Korean housewarming parties are decent. Guests bring along a small gift...something like soap or toilet paper or a plant that will soon die due to a lack of attention, and the host feeds and intoxicates them. All in all it's not a bad way to spend an evening.


Ladies...can you guess who is Korean and who is Japanese?

Darrell is truly an outstand chef. I mean pickles on a plate with rolls, imported peanut butter M&M, mac & cheese, ordered pizza, and I think later on there were some veggie burgers (but I was rockin' out and didn't consume any). Koreans are not to fond of mac & cheese, though one guest created a mac & cheese sandwich (after previously consuming a pickle and salsa sandwich).


Mac & Cheese Party Time!

In addition to food, the booze was flowing like something that flows a lot. Last night I consumed...um...some brew. No, really I had some beers, some Jack & Coke, some kind of Japanese brew (maybe sake, though I'm not sure), and since this is Korea soju. Anyhow I'm still feeling the effects of too much alcohol mac & cheese, so I'm going to leave you now...


One shot!