일요일, 6월 05, 2005

Rock Show: Unionway 3 For The Workforce


Tomorrow is a national holiday here in Korea, so I have no work. Therefore this evening I headed over to Baram to check out Unionway 3: For The Workforce. Six bands for 10,000 won. Rocktacular!


First up was Same O Story. They are a fairly new band, and they were rocking out awesome emo-style.


Same O Story. Their guitarist was awesome. He bounced all over the place and thrashed about on stage.


The Strikers. These guys played some melodic upbeat poppy punk rock.


The Strikers rocking out.


Today Spot. This band was made up of the members of The Chokeslammers with a different singer and no pro-wrestling gimmic. They sounded a lot like The Chokeslammers, but were slightly less entertaining to watch since there was no one doing Hulk Hogan-esque leg drops on giant stuffed animals on stage. The did have an awesome called "Seven Seconds," which was seven seconds long. It was all like "JUN JUN JUN....SEVEN SECONDS!"


Vassline played totally intense hardcore. I refer to their webpage for a quote discussing their sound, and mission statement, "our final goal is to resurrect the heavy metal tough guys from the 80's."


Guitar! Working hard at the resurrection.


Hollow Jan play really melodic hardcore. For people that attended highschool with me, they kind of sound like latter-day Section 8, or a yelling-er version of the Deftones. I was really rocking out during their set, so I didn't take too many pictures (at least too many decent pictures).


Stunning Down. More melodic skate punk.


Rocking out to Stunning Down.


"Just the two of us! We can make it if we try!"

After the show I chatted it up with members of Same O Story and the lead singer from Stunning Down which was pretty awesome. I kind of surprised myself (and Korean punks) with my Korean skill, as I have done a lot recently.