토요일, 7월 23, 2005

Mr. Park Had A Farm E-I-E-I-O...And On That Farm He Had A...


Hello everyone, my name is Wyatt. I teach English in South Korea. My house is in Seoul, which is the largest city in the country of South Korea. My house has a verenda in which my washing machine is located. Earlier today while I was stuffing random t-shirts with nonsensical English, socks with pictures of communist icons, and under garments into my seafoam green washing machine, I happened to glance outside my window. What to my wondering eyes did appear, but a friggin' chicken chilling like Bob Dylan on penicillin. When I was unloading the washing machine I looked out the window and discovered not one, but two chickens were living on the roof top across the alley. I may have mentioned this before, but it is my understanding that Seoul has no zoning laws what-so-ever. Back when I was living in might Bongcheon, there was a car repair shop, a supermarket, a nightclub, and a church all on my street. On the way into Goyang, I pass a factory with rice patties in front of it on a daily basis. And now I have chickens living across the street from me. Only in Korea...only in Korea.