목요일, 8월 11, 2005

百害無益: Hamburgers & Me (Day 13)


Back in the early 80's I had an epic birthday party. It was all about cheap soda, short shorts, and Star Wars action figures. Today we decided to relive the magic. That means birthday party time!


"Hi, I'm Tom Carvel, just in time for Wyatt's Fake Birthday we have Fudgey the Whale ice cream cake..."

So there was some cake. An ice cream cake. An ice cream cake shaped like a whale. It was awesome. There was cake and beer. And I got a Star Wars action figure...just like old times, only no one wore short shorts.


Birthday Party!!!

After the formalities, the real partying began. My friends and I headed into the city, back to Shane Jones' apartment where we proceeded to really get our drink on. What followed was completely random and the details are sketchy at best.

First off my friend Pete decided tonight was the night to test out his new "drinking schedule." The schedule went something like beer, beer, caffinated mixed drink, beer, water, beer. The plan was designed so Pete could keep himself at "peak level" of drunkeness without loosing his "I'm having a good time," edge. Needless to say the shot of vodka didn't figure into the plan and messed up the whole thing.

Somewhere during the course of the night we ended up at a karaoke bar where I sang "Hello," by Lionel Richie in front of a room full of drunks. I also danced my ass off to random people singing equally random karaoke jams. At some point all of my friends, save for one disappeared. Luckily he was my ride home.

So I got home, threw up pure beer (it foamed) and then hit the hay, praying I wouldn't be very hungover on my trip back to Korea.