금요일, 8월 12, 2005

百害無益: Hamburgers & Me (Day 14)

After the epic party that was last night, today I said my goodbyes and headed off to the airport to fly back home to Korea. The drive down to NYC was fairly uneventful (though the traffic was pretty bad around Queens).

At the airport I got some quick breakfast / lunch and then said goodbye to my mother, as she was the only one in my family who cared enough to see me off (I jest, I jest.)


We outta here baby!


My plane. I am probably boarding at this point. Credit to Mom for snapping this picture.

The flight home was a lot less annoying than the trip to America...it was also 2 and a half hours longer. This time I was actually able to sleep, but for some reason I couldn't sleep during Miss Congeniality 2...a movie I actually watched from begining to end.

I touched down in Seoul at 5:30 pm on Saturday...yup, I lost an entire day. Anyhow, as usually, attempting to go through immigration was a rediculously lengthy process...because people are stupid. The lines were long when I arrived, and slow moving. By the time I got close enough to the immigration desk I realized why things were going so slowly.

The man four people in front of me had put his passport in his carry on bag, and decided that at the counter would be the best place to dig through his bag to locate it. The woman three people in front of me had neglected to fill out the arrival card that stewardess ask you about a million times during the flight to fill out. So she stood there filling it out. The guy two people in front of me also couldn't locate his passport. The guy in front of me had all of his documents together, but was military so for some reason it took the lady at the counter longer to process him. I handed the woman my documents got another stamp in my passport and was off to baggage claim in 30 seconds. After collecting my bags, I went to go catch a bus. Arriving just as my bus pulled away. It was now 6:20.

6:40 another bus arrives. I get on sit down and ride. At 7:43 I arrive inside my apartment. Thus bringing an end to my whack American adventures. Thank you for reading, we now return you to your scheduled program.